Inala Youth Service (IYS) has created an exciting new role to support our commitment to high quality practice and service delivery. As Business Services Manager you will assist the CEO to consolidate and strengthen our organisation by leading operational innovation, continuous improvement, and team development to further develop IYS’ services and outputs and excellent reputation.
This role is perfect for a strong leader who enjoys a healthy mix of collaborative and autonomous work. You should be adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on projects that create social good.
This flexible role involves a 25 hour week, worked across five days Monday – Friday and is offered at Level 6 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 TPEO rate ($44.27 per hour), plus access to salary sacrifice arrangements, 9.5% superannuation contribution and 17.5% annual leave loading.
What you’ll do
- Help drive the day-to-day operations of the organisation in a varied and dynamic role encompassing human resources, asset management, IT, risk management, and much more.
- Lead, manage, and coordinate the internal operational activities of IYS in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the CEO and the Board.
- Contribute strongly to the organisational culture of IYS by demonstrating leadership, strategic decision making, high calibre organisational skills, and passion for the work being done.
- Deputise for the CEO when required as well as provide high level managerial assistance to the CEO and other staff.
Is this you?
- Genuine enjoyment of working within a skilled and dynamic team to identify and work towards achievement of strategic organisational goals
- Self-reflective with strong critical thinking skills
- Personal drive and integrity
- Effective consultative and collaborative working attitude and approach
- Flexible, self-directing, inclusive, respectful, ethical, accountable
- Committed to a learning culture and ongoing professional development
What you’ll need
- Minimum Undergraduate or Post Graduate qualification in Management, Asset Management, WHS, ICT, Business or similar.
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing and leading complex service teams. Communities sector experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in monitoring quality and compliance within a community services context.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant Industrial Relations/Human Resources and Workplace Health and Safety requirements and demonstrable experience in their practical implementation.
- Experience working with, or a sound understanding of, working with children, young people and families, working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait backgrounds and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Working with Children Suitability Card / Blue Card or the ability to procure one.
- Ability to implement policies, processes and systems that support high quality, client-focussed, flexible service delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership and staff management skills, including the ability to provide mentoring, guidance, and performance management of team members, including volunteers and students undertaking placement.
- Demonstrated high level decision making skills including the ability to analyse need and measure risk.
- Demonstrated ability to meet organisational targets and deadlines.
- Proficiency in information, communication and technology systems and practices including Office 365 suite and preferably MYOB.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to build rapport and adapt skills according to the audience or target group involved.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of, external certification Standards (HSQF and NRSCH) and a demonstrated commitment to continual quality improvement processes through effective quality management systems.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and prioritise tasks in a busy work environment.
A full Position Description and the Employment Package are attached below.
How to apply for this job
You must provide the following information to be considered for this role:
- Completed applicant information form
- Cover letter
- Response to the above selection criteria (no more than three pages)
Please download the attached Employment Package for complete application instructions.
Business Services Manager position description
Business Services Manager employment package
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.