IYS offers a family friendly, flexible working environment, Salary Sacrificing and a comprehensive Employee Wellbeing program.
Roles will be advertised below as new opportunities become available.
Student Welfare Worker and Youth Activities Officer
IYS is seeking an active, youth worker who is passionate about sports and young people to provide individual and group mentoring, support and in-class assistance to children at Redbank State School, and engage young people in South-West Brisbane and Ipswich through activities and events
- You are passionate about sports! Basketball, football, soccer, handball? You know the rules and you love to play. You’ve got great mediation skills to assist children and young people to listen to each other and play a fair game.
- Great ears! You know how to listen and use activities to build rapport with children and young people to assist them to articulate their lives, and help them navigate challenges.
- Trauma informed and strengths-based. You understand the impacts of trauma and know how to create a safe, healing therapeutic relationship and environment for children, young people and their families.
- Culturally aware. You value cultural connections and are committed to reconciliation and the creation of spiritually, socially, emotionally and physically safe environments.
- Qualified! You must hold, or be working towards competency in the Certificate IV in Pastoral Care or Youth Work, or hold an equivalent or higher qualification.
This role is based at Inala Youth Service, with day to day service delivery at Redbank State School during term time as follows:
Mon: 10:30am -1:30pm
Wed: 8.30 -11.30am
Fri 10:30am -1:30pm
In addition to the above shifts, as a member of the IYS casual pool of youth workers, you may be called upon to support delivery of activities and events throughout the year, including during school holidays.
Apply today to be considered for this role immediately, by downloading the application kit and documents below
and submit the following:
- a completed application cover page
- a cover letter addressing how you meet the above criteria in no more than two pages,
- a current CV with three references
The role summary should be read in conjunction with the Position Description. Please review the position requirements on page 4 of the Position Description, which outlines the minimum qualifications and experience required for this role.
Please note, IYS is claiming an exemption under the Qld. Anti-discrimination Act 1991 to require that this position be filled by a male worker. This is based on the provisions afforded by Section 25 (Genuine occupation requirement) and Section 28(1) (Work with children).
No agencies, thank you .