IYS offers a family friendly, flexible working environment, Salary Sacrificing and a comprehensive Employee Wellbeing program.
Job opportunities are posted here.
- Exciting new operational management opportunity
- Strong team culture and flexible work environment
- Varied and rewarding role
Inspire Youth and Family Services Inc. (IYS) has undergone gradual and significant change over the last five years, building upon its 35 year history to position itself as a leader in services for vulnerable and at risk young people in South-West Brisbane.
We are passionate about assisting children, young people and families to address challenges in their lives and make positive change through a mix of practical and therapeutic interventions and the creation of opportunities for positive social participation. We do this through a range of youth-focused services and programs, including bail support, youth justice responses, housing and homelessness, education and training, family and generalist supports, activities and events.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, hands-on business professional to work with the CEO and staff, taking a lead role in operational innovation and team development, to continue the development of IYS’ services and excellent reputation.
You will enjoy working across the organisation to deliver the organisational strategy through a focus on operational aspects of the business, including Human Resources, ICT, Quality and Risk Management Systems, etc.
Your excellent values alignment will contribute to the strong, positive organisational culture of IYS by demonstrating leadership, strategic decision making, high calibre organisational skills, agility, and passion for the work being done.
You will be a strong leader who enjoys a fun, but hard working team environment, skilled at developing others, and happy to roll up your sleeves.
You’ll bring energy, enthusiasm and fantastic written and interpersonal communications skills, from your HR, Quality, Marketing, Business or similar background.
You will have the skills and experience to provide high level managerial assistance to the CEO and other staff, and deputise for the CEO when required.
Key Selection Criteria
- An understanding of, and commitment to, IYS’s vision and objectives, and a desire to contribute to the outcomes we are seeking to achieve
- Demonstrated ability to support CEO to deliver the business plan
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively seek process efficiencies, develop policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained
- Well-developed knowledge of government programs and priorities, tender responses, grant writing and community services responses for vulnerable young people
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed organisation skills with a demonstrated ability for effective time management, establishing priorities, procedures and guidelines
- Experience in coaching and mentoring direct reports
Education and Qualifications, References
- A Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Business, Commerce, Marketing or Communications or related discipline
- A current Positive Working With Children Check (“Blue Card”)
- Three relevant references
How to apply
Please download the applicant information instructions and role description below. Your ability to follow the application instructions will inform the selection process.
IYS Business Manager Application kit Sept 2021
No agencies thank you.