What is VietFam?
IYS’ Vietnamese Families program, affectionately known as VietFam, provides support to Vietnamese community in South-West Brisbane. The program assists local Vietnamese families with protective needs to promote and maintain their children’s healthy development and well-being.
VietFam provides Vietnamese families with an array of services including:
• Access to information about family relationships, parenting children and young people
• Advocacy and referral pathways for young people and their families to access government agencies, other programs at IYS and other specialised and specific services
• Family support, individual counselling and family mediation
• Parenting group and homework club for Vietnamese families
• Engaging young people and families in the Vietnamese community